Find a behaviour support practitioner

There are many practitioners in Australia. As discussed above, there are no prescribed credentials for practice, so we caution you to query a potential practitioner about their qualifications, skills, and experience relevant to your situation.

You might ask:

  • What is your training or / and qualification? (psychologist, developmental educator, occupational therapist, social worker, and so forth)
  • What is your area of expertise in behaviour support? (intellectual disability, brain injury, autism, children/adults, and so on)
  • What is your experience in delivering behaviour support? (novice practitioner, many years of experience)

Some behaviour support practitioners are listed on the NDIS register.